We received an email from a woman who is claiming to be of Christ yet she stepped out from under the headship of her husband to strike up a disagreement about what God's Word teaches for women. She sent an unbiblical article and referred to Katharine Bushnell as a reliable source and was propagating equality for women in the areas of preaching and teaching God's Word to the body.
We are testing Katharine Bushnell's teachings to God's Word and find them to be unbiblical and to be avoided.
* She was a forerunner to feminist theology, teaching that women are equal to men in the areas of teaching and preaching to the body of Christ whereas God's Word says women are to be silent 1 Timothy 2, 1 Corinthians 14 and the husband of one wife 1 Timothy 3:2, Titus 1:6.
* She was a rabid social activist for women's rights / equality in many different parties, this goes against God's Word. See the headship order in 1 Corinthians 11.
* She taught that 1 Corinthians 11 is about men not covering their heads and that women are not required to. 1 Corinthians 11 clearly states that women are to cover their heads.
* She taught against women submitting to their husbands. God's Word clearly states in Ephesians 5 and Colossians 3 that women are to submit to their husbands.
* She wrote a book called 'Gods' Word to Women' in which she retranslates many verses to have a Christian Egalitarianism bent to it, therefore freeing women from the 'supposed' mistranslation of the bible from the men who did it.
* In her book "God's Word to Women", the first few chapters talk about Genesis and the creation of Adam and Eve in which she implies that Adam was potentially androgynous and that he was falling in the garden before Eve was formed and Eve was a means of helping in his fallen state. Her teachings are heretical and blasphemous to a Holy God!
Katharine Bushnell was a false teacher leading many women down the wide road to destruction and her legacy lives on through her book and many women today (we have been informed them ourselves) are following her teachings.
2 Timothy 3:6-7
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:14
Women are drawn to her heretical false teaching by the lusts of their feminist flesh.
If you are following her teaching you must repent.
Please see the biblical gospel here and how to find eternal life.