Here is a teaching audio on this topic.
We were out street preaching and we ran across someone talking about this annual event so we decided to test it to God's Word.
Before we go off and unite with an event like this, it must be tested out via scripture to see if it is worthy and true before God or just another offering of man made religious ways.
While it is true that praying is a good thing and biblical indeed as we are to pray for our nation/leaders; is this event biblical and one that honors God?
****People try to make this verse in the Old Testament about America but in context; it is all about Israel.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chron 7:14
After testing this national prayer day we can say....it must be rejected and here, in quick bullet form, is why:
1) Prayer is to be a private thing for God's true people and they have turned it into a political like "event" for anyone of the world. Putting on prayer events inviting anyone in is NOT God's way!
Jesus said pray in private in Matt 6:
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
2) It is run by 2 unbiblical feminized protestant woman (Ann Graham Lotz and Shirley Dobson)
Note: Go read in Genesis / the garden event and see why God does not have woman leading in His body!!!
Paul says this in 2 Corinthians 11:3:
But I fear lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
3) This organization is linked to various false teachers in their prayer event.
Note: In 2016 they had a Word of Faith man, Dutch Sheets involved.
Romans 16:17 says this about false teachers:
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
(We are to avoid false men not pray with them!)
4) This event reeks of American patriotism that is nothing more then idolatry at best, see this article on that topic:
5) They have merchandised the claimed things of God selling all kinds of JUNK ( pens, shirts, caps ) in the name the God. It is shameful!!!!
6) This event is ecumenical to the point of uniting with all denominations and having false men in collars ( priests / reverends?) speaking at their meetings. It is sinful to mix God's truth and error so we as His people reject this event! They even link to ungodly places like GOD tv.....
7) America is a sinful nation refusing to leave its sin and John 9 says God does not hear the prayers of sinners!
This day is sinful .... leaven to God as people pray who will not leave all sin!
Galatians 5:9 says this:
A little leaven (sin) leaveneth the whole lump.
In the end; it is clear for a discerning, mature and biblical Christian to see this is NO event for God's true holy people but another man made ( in this case / woman run ) false event that leaves God's truth to tickle itchy ears ( 2 Timothy 4 ) of religious man.
2 Corinthians 6 says it best we think.....
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Jesus said His people will be in spirit and truth John 4:24 NOT the error and sin of a man made thing called ....The national day of prayer
God's true people reject such things as they will NOT be linked to sin.
How about you?
See the biblical gospel here and find eternal life to come: