We were asked to do a testing on anabaptist like Gloriavale Christian Community in New Zealand. We can say from what we found on their website; we need to warn you that they are not a biblical group but a man made FALSE way/cult. They have a corrupt gospel, sex crimes, worldliness, many other sins so they should be avoided per Romans 16:17
Update: This was sent to them and I got an email from Peter at Gloriavale. You can see it at the end of this testing. He said I am wrong... but offered NO correction biblically? He also went on how they have stopped the shows, air plane rides and trophy stags and that they have been around 50 years and they hope to do better. In truth; they are lacking in their responsiblity and PUBLIC repentance. They may just delete those sinful things off their website but they need to give a public answer as we have it all screen captured!
Note: I am calling this false group to publically repent of NOT protecting children from sex predators among them, putting on worldly shows, making money off of fleshly air plane rides and trophy vain deer heads. That would be a good start but they have more to repent of so read on......
We who are doing this testing are biblical called out Christians who left the world / man made religion to follow the first century NT model in holiness. We are not part of the Sunday church system nor any man made ways. My wife and I travel full time, I teach / preach and proclaim Christ crucified all over America in the streets, at events or outside religious places. James with Debbie
On to the testing....
Their founder was Neville Cooper who changed his name to Hopeful Christian, who was later convicted and charged with sexual abuse of children in this group (as you will see in the testing) He has since then died and there are other leaders in place. They're named after a woman, Gloria, who was his first wife. They used to be called the 'Cooperites'.
* Like many false teachers, they have some biblical truth and a gospel that seems to be biblical on the website but n fruit they are lacking. Note: their questionable stance on baptism for salvation and they have not repented of their worldliness and other areas as we will show you.
* They admit on their website that there was child sexual misconduct going on in their group with the leader and founder (Neville Cooper) being one of them.
Reports on the internet and news stories claim that Neville Cooper, the founder and leader, was convicted of sexual abuse.
* They had child labor suits brought against them so they changed the working hours and conditions for the children. There's an entire page (with more info) on their website under 'Media' that exposes it all. (Note that they 'allow' the mum to have her children back at 3 pm. )
* The parents are to hand over their children (even while still nursing) to be raised and taught by others, so they can fulfill the work demands in the community businesses. (Note that they 'allow' the mum to have her children back at 3 pm. )
The bible says that the parents are to raise and teach their children. (Removing the children from the care of parents opens the door to the sexual abuse that they admit and this is NOT of God's ways)
* In order to join them you have to sign their formal commitment document which is not biblical, it's a man made tradition that Jesus warned about in Mark 7 that makes worship in vain.
* They believe there is some sort of sacred / mystical union that takes place during the consummation of a marriage.
Marriage is not a sacred or mystical act and it is not eternal as we know that there is no marriage in heaven. (Matthew 22:30)
*They hold unbiblical anabaptist views on marriage and divorce.
See links that refute them here on my teaching blog:
* They are hypocrites as they claim that you are not to store extra money for a safety net but sources show their community is worth over $40 million dollars per internet sources. ($40,000,000) (Keep reading to see how they are hypocrites when they take people's money for vain shows/entertainment, trophy deer stags and for scenic air plane tours!)
* They believe in a community of which there are leaders who control ALL the money to the point of the decisions being made in all areas of the people's lives because they don't even get to handle any of the money. The leaders decide what clothes to wear, what to eat, how long to work, how to live, where to live etc. Mark 7 again is a warning for them.
* As evidence of the statement above, see how they determine what the people should wear. They are NOT teaching biblical dress....
* See the pride and vanity they have in why they chose the color blue for their dresses (which are unbiblical as they are form fitting). Why do they need to find a color that goes with any skin color or complexion?
* They run a stag deer farm that they boast about trophy heads. Men pay big money for these vain trophies of the world!
It seems pretty hypocritical that they see how God is in control of the womb of a woman but they use artificial insemination and embryo transplants to control the quality of their herd, all for money/profit. The same money that they claim people are not to store up for economic issues but they will charge high amounts for people to buy deer stags for pride filled trophy heads.
* With their aircraft they fly charters and make scenic flights through the South Island. If people are not to amass money for an economic issue, how can they sell scenic flights for mammon? (Doesn't that mean their customers are amassing money for things that are not necessary, just like buying trophy deer stags?)
* They men and women are not biblically dressed and many of the women don't wear biblical head coverings. See articles on biblical dress HERE.
* They promote the unbiblical Hutterites and David Bercot (see him exposed HERE).
* They don't go out and evangelize with the biblical gospel, instead they use worldly means such as tv programs and worldly concerts!
Jesus said to go preach the gospel (Mark 16:15), not put on fleshly tv shows / documentaries and worldly, fleshly, carnal concerts.
* They boast about their worldly concerts.
Note how they say how the guests had 4 hours of ENTERTAINMENT. Not the biblical gospel (see that HERE) but instead they spent 90,000 hours, a lot of money (aren't we supposed to be good stewards of our money?) and much time....to ENTERTAIN the world. So they stopped evangelizing so that they could draw people in by their worldly, carnal, flesh pleasing antics on stage which are a mockery to a holy God. Let's see what it is they spent all that time and money on in their props and what this concert is all about.
Notice how they dress in their uniforms on a day to day basis but take them off and put on worldly, revealing clothing, expose their hair and then dance around on stage in front of everyone. The bible teaches women to be shamefaced, this is not shamefaced. Where's the sobriety that the older are to teach the younger in Titus 2?
Camel rides instead of living biblical, holy and preaching the gospel.
How does this fulfill the command of preaching the gospel and making disciples?
This makes a mockery of Christianity and is foolishness!
They boast about their sinfulness by broadcasting this to the world.
Jesus said to love your neighbor, why would they want anything to do with roman soldiers?
This should be well more than enough to convince you how unbiblical and sinful they are but here's a bit more. They have a swimming pool and they water ski for fun. How do saints remain biblically covered (even though their clothing is not entirely biblical) when they are soaking wet and wasting time in a pool or water skiing? These are idle pursuit of the world; not God's holy people.
Again, they will receive a copy of this testing and we hope they repent. If thy do; we are here to help them.
See many articles here on anabaptist sin:
See other anabaptist groups exposed just like them here via street preaching outside their bodies:
I think it is obvious corruption is all over this false place. I would not be surprised to learn that someone is holding / making money from their many businesses and all the labor they force on the people there.
We pray they repent or they will perish in their massive sins.....
God be praised!